I’m not the kind of person who stands in front of the wardrobe in the morning for ages, trying to figure out what to wear. I usually find a few pieces that I really enjoy wearing and stick with them for as long as the season allows me.
However, having to choose from a very different set of clothes this month makes me totally clueless some mornings, and whenever the weather gets unexpectedly cold and rainy, like this past week, or when I need to dress for a special occasion (going out, travelling, etc), I find myself really challenged to get dressed without being absurdly late for work.
I have spent the weekend in Paris with my sister, where the weather was supposed to be 15 °C degrees, mostly cloudy with some sunshine. Otherwise known as that time you are unsure whether you’ll be boiling after walking a few minutes if you put on too many layers, or you’ll wish you took your winter coat. I am really embracing spring right now and feel like wearing bright colours all the time, so I decided to keep it simple and wear my favourite red trousers for the whole weekend. They are comfy, surprisingly versatile and I managed to dress them up for a night out too. So apart from wearing the aforementioned red pants for what feels like eternity, this is what I wore last week.
- Top: Self drafted bodysuit
- Leggings: Self drafted, favourite/would-not-wear-it-outside-the house leggings 🙂
- Dress: Backless dress, modified Burdastyle pattern
- Top: Cut-off RTW top (this is the only piece I am allowing myself to wear that I have not made from scratch)
- Skirt: Infinity dress (made of cotton), worn as a skirt
- Shirt: Burdastyle pattern, oversized shirt
- Top: same as above
- Skirt: same as above
We had a parents’ evening that day, the weather was really unpredictable, so I chose to go with pieces that worked earlier that week.
- Dress: Backless dress, modified Burdastyle pattern, almost the same as the blue above
- Kimono: Vintage Japanese, got ripped on the side, then handsewn back that same day…
- Dress: Wrap dress, Burdastyle pattern-slightly modified
- Jumper: Ready-to-wear
My favourite outfit of the week! 🙂
- Top: (not visible) camisole+ RTW sweater
- Trousers: Modified Burdastyle pattern
- Top: Camisole-self drafted/copied from RTW + RTW jumper
- Trousers: As above